If you’re looking to get your hands on a custom polyhedral dice set from me, here’s everything you need to know.
TL;DR: A regular single d20 starts at ₹1,800 (for Indian locals) or $70 (for international customers). An over-sized 40mm d20 starts at ₹3,500 for Indian residents and $100 for international customers. A set of 7 polyhedral dice starts at ₹6,500 for Indian locals and $160 for international folk. I ship internationally.
These dice are handmade.
- Each die is pressure-cast, cured, trimmed, sanded, polished, and inked by one set of hands: mine. It takes over 5 hours of active labour, and over 48 for the whole process. By virtue of this, each set is unique (and made with lots of love!).
- Because of the nature of handmade dice, there might be some small imperfections (light scratches and scruffs). If this will bother you, I don’t think handmade dice will be up your alley.
- These dice roll randomly and will work for casual play. But they are not perfectly balanced and won’t work for high-stakes competitive play. (Sorry, Thanos.)
Please consider if you’re comfortable with what you’ve read so far. If you are, then yay! Let’s figure out how we can make you some dice.
You can pick from four options.
- A regular d20.
- An over-sized/chunky 40mm d20.
- A set of 7 or 8 polyhedral dice [d2, d4, d6, d8, d12, d10, d%, d20 (with an optional extra d20 without the Nonagon owl)].
- A set of 6 d6s.
Then comes the fun part!
- Let me know the idea you have in mind. This includes the colours and additives (e.g. mica, colour-shifting pigment, gold/silver/copper foiling). Feel free to ask me what I’ve got on hand.
- If unsure, you can share references of what you have in mind.
- Or pick an option from my gallery that you like as a starting point.
- Once we’ve figured out what you’d like, you will need to make an advance payment (50% of the cost). After this, I’ll make a test d6 to work out the kinks in the design.
- Due to the costs involved, we can only retry the test d6 once more. Being as specific as possible from the start would be the best approach. This is an iterative process, so sometimes we can re-attempt the test dice with surcharge.
- Once the dice design is finalised, I’ll make the full set.
- I will share an image of the set, after which the remainder of the price sum shall be paid by you. After that, I’ll ship your dice to you.
Here’s the price breakdown.
- One set of custom polyhedral dice starts at ₹6,500 (for Indian locals) or $160 (for international customers).
- A regular single d20 starts at ₹1,800 (for Indian locals) or $70 (for international customers). An oversized d20 costs ₹3,500 for Indian residents and $100 for international folks.
The price will vary a bit depending on the commission. This helps me cover material and equipment overheads, and account for the hours of manual labour that goes into each die.